Admission to the DomQuartier is free for disabled guests and their accompanying persons.
Barrier-Free Parking Places
The nearest handicapped parking places are located at Residenzplatz (6 places), Toscaninihof 1 (3 places) and at Max-Reinhardt-Platz (10 places) – a Eurokey will open the bollards in front of the Festspielhaus and at Mozartplatz.
The DomQuartier was re-built to be barrier-free and accessible insofar as the preservation of historical buildings allows. Guests with limited mobility can explore the DomQuartier in two stages. We would like to point out that the lifts can only be used when accompanied by a DomQuartier staff member, for insurance reasons. Therefore, please notify the cashiers either in the Residence Courtyard or at the Cathedral Museum, where our staff will be happy to assist you.
Stage 1 (Residenz entrance)
- Collect free ticket from the porter’s lodge (bell with intercom)
- Residenz Palace inner courtyard (stairway 4) – lift
- Visit the State Rooms (Carabinieri Hall, Rittersaal [Knight’s Hall], Conference Room, Antecamera, Audienzzimmer [Audience Hall], Study, Schatullenkabinett [Coffer Room], Bedroom)
- Return to lift (behind the Study), take lift to the Residenzgalerie and terrace
- Return to lift at the Residenzgalerie and go down into the Residenz Palace inner courtyard
Stage 2 (Cathedral lobby entrance)
- Leave the Residenz Palace – cross the Domplatz (Cathedral Square) – lift on the right side of the Cathedral lobby – enter via the ramp at the Cathedral
- Visit the Southern Oratory, the West Gallery and the Northern Oratory
- Take the lift to the Cabinet of Curiosities, the Long Gallery and Museum of St. Peter’s Abbey
- Visit the remaining State Rooms (Kaisersaal [Emperor’s Hall], view into the Franciscan Church, Green Room, White Hall, Throne Hall, Gallery)
- Return to the lift in the Cathedral’s southern tower
State Rooms/Carabinieri Hall, cathedral lobby/south tower, Museum of St. Peter’ Abbey
Special tours for people with limited abilities are available. Find more details here.